The Pressure testing training course including Strength Test and Tightness Test comprises two stand alone elements which can be undertaken independently or in conjunction: a theory online course (certified by CIBSE for CPD) and a practical training and assessment day at any of our 9 UK centres.
The online theory interactive course covers safe working practices for pneumatic testing of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning systems with inert gases. The course includes some questions for self testing the knowledge gained.
Additional practical training and assessment including carrying out pressure testing and correctly answering oral and written questions, is available, this should be completed before successful candidates can be recommended for carrying out Pressure Testing. On return to their work place candidates should be advised to carry out tests under supervision until deemed competent by their employer.
Here’s a video included in the online course on Pressure Testing
Please click on the titles below for a detailed description. Both Pressure testing training courses are based on EN 378 for Refrigeration and Air conditioning personnel. A selection of documentation and forms are available for download from the links below. You can customise these documents to create procedures for your requirements. These documents cover:
- Standard Specification – Pressure test Certification of Systems
- Standard Specification – Pressure Test Procedures
- Risk Assessment – Strength and Tightness Pressure Testing
- Method Statement – OFN Strength & Tightness Pressure Testing of Site Assembled Systems
- Method Statement template – OFN Pressure Testing
- Standard Form – Systems Pressure Test Record
- Standard Form – System Pressure Test Certificate
- COSHH assessment – Oxygen Free Nitrogen & OFN mixtures
Pressure test training: online theory course + 1 day practical training & assessment at any Star branch
Pressure testing online theory course: Strength & tightness test